Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Burp!

Good morning! Ever went to office sans breakfast to take a meeting? Ever written an exam empty stomach? How did it go? Blank thoughts? Trembling anger? Melancholic expression? It's strange how our digestive organs govern our intellect. We cannot think, cannot work until and unless our stomach wills so. It dictates our emotions, our passions.

To remain fit in this anorexic fashioned society, it's said that one should have breakfast like a King, lunch like a Prince and dinner like a beggar. How often we gloat that we are the sorriest slaves of our innocent heart and intransigent mind but we, consciously or unconsciously, ignore the role of stomach in keeping us sane.

I doubt my ability to remain hungry. Sleep alludes me with clot of tension if I try to go to bed empty stomach. Thought would struggle to take shape inside my skull. I be like dull and soulless body at the deathbed of my mind. On the contrary, when I am full, I feel good, satisfied and in peace with myself and with the world. And sometimes generous too - overtipping the waiter and the gatekeeper after a good meal in a restaurant. Hunger is an unrestrained feeling, a feeling superior than any emotions.

There is a joke 'Men and Women are never angry; they are most of the time hungry'. The anodyne master of human psychology, William Shakespeare, referred 'music' as the food of love but actually it's 'food' which is the music of love; as they say, the way to man's heart is through his stomach.

No comments:

Post a Comment